To apply to the Emerge Program, you can start your application by registering below. All answers will be kept confidential.
Welcome to the new Emerge Online Application. This is a common application for all of our states. If you have any technical issues, please contact Alisha Woodward, email@example.com.
The Emerge Program
The Emerge Program is a political leadership training program for Democratic women who demonstrate an interest in pursuing public office. The Program is designed to provide:
- A thorough overview of the political process and what it takes to run a successful and effective campaign
- Opportunities to practice and strengthen political leadership skills such as public speaking, fundraising, and campaigning
- Direction on how to develop a network of political supporters
- Opportunities to meet women who hold elected and appointed office
The success of the Emerge program depends upon commitment to the program's entire schedule by each participant. Over the six to seven month period, approximately 70 program hours are scheduled. Some time outside of regularly scheduled seminars will be necessary for seminar preparation. During the course of the program, Emerge participants are also required to volunteer for a minimum of 10 hours on a political campaign of their choosing.
Selection Criteria and Process
Emerge seeks bright, self-motivated women who are committed to effective and ethical political leadership. Criteria for selection to the Program include:
- State program residency
- Current registration as a member of the Democratic Party
- Evidence of political leadership potential and/or experience, and meaningful involvement in workplace or community
- Interest in pursuing public office
- Demonstrated ability to bring together disparate groups to achieve a goal
- Ability and desire to build effective networks
- Ability to articulate a personal political vision
- Demonstrated ability to inspire others
- Commitment to full participation and attendance requirements of the trainings
- Commitment to raising money for the Emerge program.
The Emerge program in your state will review completed applications and select finalists for the Program. Finalists may be invited to attend an interview. From these interviews, the next class will be selected.